Non Employee Application (Intern, Temp, Volunteer, Contractor)
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare Roanoke, VA Full-time Construction / Physical Labor / Skilled Trades
Posted on May 17, 2023
This application is used for volunteer workers, students, or designated contract workers interested in a position with any program at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare. Internships are unpaid.
Internships Available In The Following Departments For Summer/Fall 2023 and Spring/Summer 2024:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) provides home and community-based services to adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness who are at high risk for repeated hospitalization, incarceration, and homelessness. ACT is an evidence-based model that has been used for over 40 years to help individuals to live stable successful lives. (Master Level Only)
- Child Youth and Family Services (CYFS) serve clients under the age of 18 to help them reach their treatment goals and objectives. Interventions include collaboration with family members, guardians, and others as appropriate for treatment. (Bachelor and Master Level)
- Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU) provides therapy to clients to address their mental health and/or substance abuse issues. Other important responsibilities include performing activities related to client services and agency procedures (including assessments, treatment planning, discharge planning, referrals, etc.), documenting client services, interacting with other professionals in the client's interest, and providing necessary crisis interventions. (Bachelor and Master Level)
- Outpatient Counseling Services (OCS) provides counseling that assists clients in achieving and maintaining recovery from their substance use disorder, managing their mental health issues, and remaining in the community. Services are primarily provided in groups in a non-residential setting, and include Intensive Outpatient and Day Treatment groups. (Bachelor and Master Level)
- Project LINK provides specialized substance use case management and counseling for pregnant women, mothers and their infants, and women of childbearing age. (Bachelor and Master Level)
If you have questions about internships, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.