Mental Health Skill Building Clinician
Are you looking to get out from behind a desk and spend more time with clients?
Mental Health Skill-Building Clinicians provide adults diagnosed with serious mental illness with one-on-one training in a home and community setting. We provide reinforcement of skills and appropriate behavior related to health and safety, activities of daily living, and use of community resources.
BRBH is different! Our Clinicians are supported in a team environment with these benefits:
- Access to agency vehicles
- Paid for mileage when using personal vehicle
- Paid at same pay rate for travel time
- Paid at same pay rate for documentation time
- Free clinical supervision and training toward QMHP registration
Our Mental Health Skill-building Services program is a combination of training and skill building activities designed to enable adults with significant functional limitations to achieve and maintain community stability and independence in the most appropriate, least restrictive environment. Clinicians also provide assistance to individuals in medication management, monitoring health, nutrition and physical condition. They manage Social Security benefits for individuals who choose to have Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare serve as their representative payee.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree that meets requirements for registration for QMHP. This is fulfilled with a bachelor's degree that includes at least 15 semester credits in human services courses (psychology, social work, sociology, human development, etc).
2. Experience: One year of paid or volunteer experience working in a human service field preferred. Computer proficiency for use of laptop and Electronic Health Record system.
3. Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- More time working with individuals: In this job you spend the majority of your day providing direct services.
- Work/Life Balance: This position offers flexible scheduling to meet client needs. We also have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- QMHP Clinical Supervision and Training: BRBH provides free clinical supervision and support in attaining Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) certification!
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- We offer great benefits for Full Time employees, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.