Mental Health Case Manager
$500 Sign-on Bonus
Do you have the passion and dedication to support someone in their mental health recovery? If so, Adult Mental Health Care Coordination is for you! BRBH is seeking a Case Manager for the Adult Mental Health Care Coordination Team to assist adults diagnosed with serious mental illness in accessing supports essential for living in the community and meeting basic needs.
A Day in the Life of a Case Manager:
Our Case Managers work with adults who have a primary diagnosis of a serious mental illness. The Case Manager begins their services by developing an individualized treatment plan for each of their assigned clients. The Case Manager then begins providing case management services based off of their client's support needs. The highlight of a Case Manager's day is when a client is able to overcome a barrier.
Some of the services that may be performed during a typical day as a case manager are:
- Assessing Needs and Planning Services
- Coordination of Care with other Providers
- Linking to Community Supports
- Enhancing Community Integration
- Monitoring Service Delivery
- Supportive Counseling
- Educating The Client About Various Support Needs
- Advocating on Behalf of the Client
In addition to the creation and implementation of individualized support plans, it is the Case Managers responsibility to ensure that the needs of their clients are being met, while maintaining all required documentation.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Experience working with adults with serious mental illness is a plus!
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- *Sign On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $500 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start and $250 paid at six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- QMHP Clinical Supervision and Training: BRBH provides clinical supervision and support in attaining Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) certification!
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Day schedule: Our program is open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Mental Health/ Addiction/ Substance Disorders/ Substance Abuse