Medical Records Technician
Are you detailed oriented and have at least two years of experience in medical records or other office environment?
The Medical Records Technician processes and documents the flow of releases received in the Health Information Management program to meet HIPAA & 42 CFR Part 2 regulations.
What we are looking for: The ideal candidate will have excellent judgment, is detail oriented and knowledge of HIPAA & 42 CFR Part 2. Successful candidates will be motivated to make sure things are done correctly and contribute well in a small, high performing team.
The Medical Records Technicians are responsible for accurately scanning, titling and attaching documents to client's electronic health records. Additional duties include:
- Preparing records for destruction based on records retention policy guidelines
- Assisting staff with accessing archived records
- Educate and correspond with clients, lawyers, insurance companies, and other outside agencies regarding BRBH's process for HIPAA & 42 CFR Part 2-compliant release procedure
- Run quality assurance reports as scheduled to notify HIM Coordinator of deficiencies or discrepancies within the clients' electronic health record.
- Maintain working knowledge of HIPAA & 42 CFR Part 2 as well as other privacy laws to assure appropriate procedures are being followed
1. Education: High School Diploma
2. Experience: Minimum of two years experience in medical records or other office environment
Why work at BRBH?
- Compliance Minded: As an agency, BRBH is compliance-minded - we seek out employees who want to do things the right way.
- Making a difference: This position supports agency staff as well as clients, and corresponds with outside collateral which is critical for the work that we do. In serving our clients, each day BRBH makes a difference in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a small, high-performing team.
- Day schedule: The schedule is Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.