Medical Office Admission Assistant
Have you completed your Medical Office Assistant Certification and want to work on a high performing, supportive team?
In the Medical Office Admission Assistant role, you will be responsible for:
- corresponding with consumers via telephone and/or fax to screen for appropriateness of services based on Medicaid guidelines, BRBH guidelines, and CSU guidelines. Complete intake referral forms. If the client is appropriate for admission, schedule admission of the client at CSU. If the client is not appropriate suggest other sources for help.
- access Electronic Health Records (HER) for current or past treatment of the client to assist in making informed decisions related to acceptance or denial of prospective client for admission
- develop and maintain positive relationships with referral sources
- maintain accurate and complete records on accepted and declined admission referrals
- interact with and assist clients on the unit in a respectful, non-judgmental manner
- attend or complete training related to BRBH/CSU needs
The schedule for this position is 8 AM - 5PM Monday-Friday.
What we are looking for: The ideal candidate will have completed a medical office assistant certification and enjoy working with individuals who may have mental illness or substance use disorders. The successful candidate will be able to develop positive and professional relationships with clients and referral sources, primarily over the phone.
1. Education: High school diploma and completion of a Medical Office Assistant Certification required.
2. Experience Required: One (1) year of medical office experience. Preference given to applicants who have previous experience assessing patients for admissions or referral.
3. Preferred experience interacting with a diverse population, including individuals with mental illness, developmental disabilities, or substance use disorders.
Why work at BRBH?
- Helping people access services: This role directly supports adults in crisis and community partners who are helping them locate treatment options.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.