Are you an LPC or LCSW looking for an opportunity to work directly with children and their parents?
The Therapist coordinates services for pre-school youth in the Head Start programs. They complete assessments based on the observations and input from family and Head Start staff that include recommendations to address behavioral concerns. The Therapist provides training and education for parents and Head Start staff and completes documentation as required by the Head Start program. The Therapist is also responsible for the oversight and supervision of the Carilion Psychiatric Fellows who are completing their rotation in the Head Start programs. This position is funded by the Head Start grant.
The schedule for this position is 8 AM - 5 PM, Mon - Fri. No weekends!
1. Education: This position requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia
2. License/Certifications: Licensed in the State of Virginia as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Psychologist
3. Experience: Minimum two (2) years clinical experience which includes attainment of licensure
Why work at BRBH?
- See the Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly with families and making a difference in their lives and in our community.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/brbh%20benefits%20information.pdf
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.