Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Primary Care
The LPNs provide yearly primary care screenings and health education for adults with serious mental illness, developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders in an outpatient clinic setting. General nursing duties conducting medical screening and assessment of key health risk indicators by obtaining vital signs, height, weight, monitoring lab results, and assisting with metabolic syndrome screening. LPN administers injections for clients and assists providers with appointments.
The LPNs provide education to clients and staff on health conditions that commonly occur among our consumers and the impact of high risk behaviors including tobacco use, poor eating habits, and lack of physical activity.
Entry Level Pay: $23.11/hour. Additional compensation commensurate with experience.
- License: Active, unrestricted license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Experience: One year of nursing experience in a behavioral health environment is preferred
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check.
Why work at BRBH?
- Working with clients: In this job each day you spend time directly with individuals.
- Day schedule: Our program is open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.