Licensed Practical Nurse
The LPN provides nursing services to adults with serious mental illness, substance use disorders, developmental disability, or possibly co-occurring diagnoses in an outpatient clinic setting.
General nursing duties include obtaining vital signs and weight, monitoring lab results, administering intramuscular (IM) medications, and providing information to clients regarding psychotropic medication side-effects. The LPN responds by phone to clients, physicians, pharmacists, case managers, and other providers. The LPN sees medication maintenance clients for yearly paperwork completion and documents in the electronic health record.
Additional duties include:
- triaging client calls
- meeting with walk-in clients
- consulting with Psychiatrists and Nurse Practitioner as necessary to address client concerns regarding efficacy of medication and dosage.
1. License: Active, unrestricted license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
2. Good driving record: This position may occasionally require transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
3. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a fingerprint background check.
Why work at BRBH?
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Day schedule: Our program is open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.