(Internal Only) Relief Clinician
The schedule for this position is relief/on-call.
Clinicians in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide direct service that help clients manage and begin recovery from substance use and/or mental illness. Clinicians also facilitate groups and provide individual therapy to address client needs regarding managing recovery and living in the community.
Why work at BRBH?
- More time working with individuals: In this job you spend the majority of your day working directly with clients.
- Great co-workers: Staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Want to know more? Check out our employment page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
The Crisis Stabilization and Detoxification Unit (CSU) provide short-term (3 to 15 day) for individuals who experiencing a crisis that could, if not addressed, result in a need for hospitalization. This service also offers medically supervised detoxification from alcohol and other drugs. Those needing detoxification, short-term substance use treatment and support for symptoms of mental illness are served. Services are provided in a recovery-oriented environment, and include skills training, psychiatric care, 12-step recovery groups on-site, and discharge planning to assure continuity of care in transitioning to outpatient services.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- QMHP: Must be registered as a QMHP with Virginia Department of Health Professions
- CSAC preferred: Certified Substance Abuse Counselor certification is a plus
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 45 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. We are located in Roanoke, VA.