(Internal Only) Relief Case Coordinator
The Case Coordinator will help to manage the daily functions of Emergency Services, including answering the crisis line phone, triaging phone calls to ensure appropriate prioritization, and communicating/collaborating with community partners regarding individual crisis cases. Responsibilities include:
- May provide support and problem solving with crisis line callers as first point of intervention.
- Enter client data and services into the electronic health record (EHR) system, including admission information, Uniform Preadmission Screening Form, Admission Registration.
- Research previous documentation in the EHR and relay information to the preadmission screening therapist.
- Liaison and consult with community stakeholders (e.g., law enforcement, hospital staff, magistrate), community providers, and other BRBH staff regarding ongoing cases.
- Assist in obtaining necessary authorizations and acquiring client signatures.
- Assists with bed searches for individuals needing inpatient hospitalization, including transmitting all required documentation for hospital admission determination.
- May assist in providing crisis intervention to individuals, including identifying protective factors and drafting safety plans
Relief Pay Rate: $23.00/hour
- Education: Bachelor's Degree meeting QMHP requirements required.
- Experience: One (1) year experience in community mental health setting.
- Licensure/Certifications: At minimum must meet qualifications as a Qualified Mental Health Professional in Training (QMHP-T). Completed QMHP preferred.
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years.
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.