Housing Specialist Supervisor
Do you have experience working in the human services field and a desire to take your career to the next level? Do you possess leadership skills and enjoy providing guidance and being a role model to your fellow employees?
As a Supervisor in the Permanent Supportive Housing program at BRBH, you will lead a team of seven motivated Housing Specialists as they provide services to adults diagnosed with a serious mental illness who have struggled with homelessness. We have funding to help with rent and furnishings for those who qualify, and we work to help them access comprehensive wrap-around services so they can successfully transition into housing.
Pay Range: $44,747.82-$67,121.73/annually
- Education: Minimum of a high school diploma. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a human services field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum two years clinical experience working in the human services field. Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Safe Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Make a difference in the community: Many individuals served by our Supportive Housing program experience a reduction in psychiatric hospitalizations, a reduction in arrests, and maintain safe and stable housing.
- Supporting Great Staff: Our Housing Specialists work hard to change lives and need a supervisor who is a good communicator, knowledgeable about community resources, has a positive attitude, has good clinical skills, and enjoys teaching others.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.