Housing SpecialistBlue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
Are you passionate about the need for individuals with mental illness to have access to stable housing?
The Housing Specialist will assist individuals with serious mental illness to secure and maintain stable, affordable rental housing in the community. This is done by coordinating services and offering community-based treatment and rehabilitative services.
What We Are Looking For
A successful candidate will be experienced working with individuals with mental illness with knowledge of services and systems available in the community, who is motivated to learn and implement a new initiative. The Housing Specialist's schedule is self-driven and subject to change at times; being organized and having the ability to adapt to changing situations are keys to success.
What You Will Do
A typical week usually consists of assisting individuals with developing a supportive housing plan, documenting direct services, identifying affordable housing options, meetings with landlords, inspections to ensure units meet standards, and monitoring satisfaction of services which consists of visits with the individual, family members, and/or providers.
Why work at BRBH?
- Working with clients: The goal of Permanent Supportive Housing is reducing the frequency of unnecessary hospital visits by reinforcing housing stability and overall wellness for individuals with mental illness. In this job each day you make a difference by assisting individuals to live independently in the community.
- Day schedule: Our program is open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Experience/ Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Two Years of work experience in the human services field. Mental Health or Developmental Disability case management experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Safe Driving Record: This position may occasionally require transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years). Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check.
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.