$2000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Are you passionate about the need for individuals with mental illness to have access to stable housing?
The Housing Specialist will assist individuals with serious mental illness to secure and maintain stable, affordable rental housing in the community. This is done by coordinating services and offering community-based treatment and rehabilitative services.
What You Will Do: A typical week usually consists of assisting individuals with developing a supportive housing plan, documenting direct services, identifying affordable housing options, meetings with landlords, inspections to ensure units meet standards, and monitoring satisfaction of services which consists of visits with the individual, family members, and/or providers.
A successful candidate will be experienced working with individuals with mental illness with knowledge of services and systems available in the community, who is motivated to learn and implement a new initiative. The Housing Specialist's schedule is self-driven and subject to change at times; being organized and having the ability to adapt to changing situations are keys to success.
Pay Range: $19.55/hour-$29.33/hour.
- Experience: Two Years of work experience in the human services field. Mental Health or Developmental Disability case management experience is a plus!
- Education: Bachelor's degree that meets requirements to register for QMHP or equivalent work experience.
- Licensure/Certifications: Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) preferred.
- Safe Driving Record: This position will require transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years). Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check.
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires and Rehires are eligible for a $2000 sign-on bonus - $500 paid at start, $500 paid at 3 months of employment, $500 paid at 6 months of employment, and $500 paid at 9 months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus.
- Working with clients: Permanent Supportive Housing is a new initiative with a goal of reducing the frequency of unnecessary hospital visits by reinforcing housing stability and overall wellness for individuals with mental illness. In this job each day you make a difference by assisting individuals to live independently in the community.
- Day schedule: Our program is open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.