Housing Specialist/Case Manager
If you are interested in providing gender-specific treatment services for women of child-bearing age and their children, Project LINK is for you!
The goal at Project LINK is to engage parents in needed services and improve outcomes for newborns and families. Project Link has targeted treatment opportunities specifically for women using substances. They offer trauma informed treatment, case management, connections to other treatment providers, and specific programming to cut down on barrier to treatment. Project Link case managers will submit for Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) credential supervision and co-facilitate substance abuse disorder (SUD) groups.
The Housing Specialist/Case Manager assists homeless and unstably housed pregnant and parenting women with substance use disorders and their families to secure affordable housing. They assist in finding the location, coordinating move in assistance, and on-going advocacy with landlords. They are responsible for engaging women in individualized services, education, assessment and discharge planning services. Housing Specialist/Case Manager provide outreach clients through home visits to engage absent clients, assess safety of parent and child, and intervene when clients are in crisis. The parents may have emotional and/or substance abuse issues and have difficulty accessing needed medical, psychiatric, social, educational, vocational, and other supports essential for living in the community and meeting their basic needs.
This position is grant based and is intended to provide services that enable women to ensure successful tenancy and reduce relapse/medical problems in order to live independently. The Housing Specialist/Case Manager continues follow up with clients for on-going assistance, problem-solving, and home visits.
Pay Grade: $19.55-$29.33/hour
- Education: Bachelor's degree in an acceptable human services field.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience working with individuals with substance abuse disorder, or with co-occurring diagnoses of substance use disorder and mental illness.
- Licensure/Certifications: Board of Counseling Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC) or CSAC-Assistant under supervision.
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have an unrestricted driver's license and a good driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position must undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Be a part of the change: A key to continuing substance use treatment is having basic needs met. This position helps our clients meet a basic need in order to help them continue treatment and continue to care for their children.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Day schedule: The schedule is Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know? Check out our employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral more -Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling