Financial Specialist - Part Time
Do you have a background in finance or accounting? Do you have experience with excel spreadsheets and reconciliation of invoices and ledgers? BRBH is now hiring for a part time Financial Specialist!
The primary focus of the Financial Specialist is to maintain fiscal accuracy. This position provides assistance to the Business and Financial Services department. Other duties may range from assisting with accounts payable and payroll, various reconciliations, reporting projects, formatting of reports, inventory distribution, purchasing, contract tracking and other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Additional duties include:
- Providing assistance to the Fiscal Services department by taking the lead on the maintenance of Discharge Assistance Project (DAP) tracking system.
- Working closely with clinical team and Regional Coordinator on identifying variances and changes to individual plans.
- Being a resource for funding request decisions.
- Monitoring the agency's incoming revenue to account for new and existing DAP funding. As each month is closed financially, the prior month's expenses will be made available to the clinical team to ensure appropriate reconciliation.
- Reconciliation and communicating discrepancies.
- Identifying and properly placing spent and returned plans, maintaining data in spreadsheets, and creating monthly summaries to distribute to the DAP Committee at monthly meetings.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with good communication skills. To be successful in this role the candidate should be adaptable to change and must be comfortable speaking in front of groups.
This is a part time position - 20-30 hours per week. This position is eligible to work from home and offers a flexible schedule within the agency's core business hours.
1. Education: Requires an Associate's degree in a business related field or specialized training and professional experience that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of two (2) years college education.
2. Experience: Minimum of two (2) years' work experience in a finance role.
3. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Make a difference in the community: Many individuals served by our Supportive Housing program experience a reduction in psychiatric hospitalizations, a reduction in arrests, and maintain safe and stable housing.
- Team atmosphere: Our small team work hard to change lives.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS
(Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if
hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious
Categories: Human Services/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Finance/ Accounting