Do you have a passion to help clients attain Medicaid coverage or other resources to help defray the cost of care? BRBH is seeking a compassionate, flexible team player, who has a positive attitude to join our team as a Client Financial Counselor.
The Client Financial Counselor provides excellent customer service and engagement of Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare clients to effectively facilitate and promote appropriate access to Medicaid, Affordable Care Act (ACA), and/or Social Security Administration benefits and related resources. This position also works closely with Revenue Cycle Management staff to maximize Medicaid revenue with special emphasis on spenddown measures as well as process all Financial Assistance Applications (FAA) and maintain Monthly Ability to Pay (MAP) designation for client accounts. Additionally this position will help identify clients that may qualify for alternative pay sources, such as grant funding.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm - 1 hour lunch! This position is eligible for work from home on a hybrid basis.
1. Education: Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience in healthcare benefits and eligibility.
2. Experience: Minimum of two (2) years practical experience directly related to promoting access to Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, Social Security Benefits and related resources. Medicaid eligibility experience preferred.
3. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Team atmosphere: Our small team work hard to change lives.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day. This position is eligible for work from home on a hybrid basis.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSW/ Medicaid/ Affordable Care Act/ Social Security Benefits
follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which
require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or