FAPT MHI Specialist (MHI Grant)
Do you consider yourself to have a positive-outgoing personality who enjoys making connections with community members?
The FAPT/MHI Specialist position is responsible for coordinating and developing relationships with the Office of Children's Services in the five (5) localities BRBH serves. The Specialist will represent Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) on Family Assessment and Planning Teams (FAPT) in these localities (3 teams) to provide Mental Health education, information and recommendations regarding services for at risk children, youth and families - 12-14 days per month in FAPT.
The position duties include:
- Professionally representing BRBH at interagency meetings to ensure appropriateness of care for families, as well as referrals to CYFS services.
- Direct services to clients for assessments, treatment planning, as well as sharing information regarding FAPT cases with Managers and Community Policy and Management Team representatives to ensure continuity of information.
- Monitoring the use of Mental Health Initiative funds and coordinating with fiscal services and DBHDS to assure funds are being spent in accordance to guidelines.
- Collecting data, tracking funds and services and generating reports for DBHDS.
- Supporting multiple programs to help ensure the best use of MHI funds housed in CYFS.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM (no weekends)!
- Education: Bachelor's degree that meets the requirements to register for QMHP or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a human services position. Experience in working with Seriously Emotionally Disturbed population a plus; experience working with data helpful.
- Licensure/Certifications: Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) preferred.
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- Make a difference in the community: Many individuals served by our Supportive Housing program experience a reduction in psychiatric hospitalizations, a reduction in arrests, and maintain safe and stable housing.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSWBRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.