Family Support Partner
Do you have experience as the parent or caregiver of a child who has received mental health services? Do you enjoy mentoring and supporting other parents on how to navigate the system?
Check out our video: https://biteable.com/watch/3070177/1ea4b18b7e4cfd876fc8c57fe1c6562f6939f8a0
The Family Support Partner supports and advocates for families in similar situations. They develop supportive relationships with families with children through age 21 with a serious emotional disturbance such as a mental health diagnosis, a co-occurring developmental disability and/or substance use disorder. Will provide support services, especially for those with a history of cross system involvement such as served by the social services system, juvenile justice or court system, require emergency services or require long term community mental health and other supports.
The Family Support Partner teaches, coaches, and empowers families to communicate more effectively. They encourage them to have hope and learn skills to parent their children and advocate for themselves. They work in a team culture that recognizes, understands, and respects each family's point of view, experience, and preferences.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm and this position is eligible for a hybrid telecommute option!
1. Experience: Must be a parent or caregiver of a child that has been a recipient of mental health services. Please include a cover letter with your application explaining your interest in the position.
2. Education: High school diploma or G.E.D.
3. Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
4. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a fingerprint background check.
Why work at BRBH?
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.