Are you fantastic with details, organization, confidentiality, and professionalism?
BRBH is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide professional communications with visitors, staff, partner agencies, state and local officials, and the public. The Executive Assistant also provides extraordinary support and organization for the office of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Office Coordinator and work involves high-level internal and external contacts, welcoming and greeting visitors, handling meeting logistics, and exposure to highly confidential information. The schedule for this position is typically 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, but on rare occasions may include a Saturday and/or Sunday.
A Typical Day
The Executive Assistant's focus is to keep operations and events running smoothly by performing tasks assigned by the Executive Office Coordinator or CEO. Tasks vary by what events are scheduled, but normally include:
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text data, and graphics.
- Researches and routes correspondence, draft letters and documents, collect and analyze information, and initiate telecommunications.
- Maintains CEO's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Arranging travel (hotels, air, etc.) and training registrations for agency staff or Board members.
- Coordinates meeting logistics.
- Maintains hospitality and food service contacts.
- Maintains the internal business of the Executive Office.
- Performs financial functions include processing agency checks, requisitioning payment for expenses incurred and maintaining accurate files.
- Ensures operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting malfunctions, and requesting for repairs.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and ordering any needed supplies.
Pay Range: $17.77-$26.66/hour
- Education: High school diploma required. Associate's degree or equivalent experience a plus!
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years' experience as Administrative Assistant in an organization to Management required, or a combination of education and experience indicative of ability to proficiently perform job functions.
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have or be able to obtain a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record, defined as no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellence in professional communication, and decorum in providing the first contact and professional face for an executive level office.
- Oral and written communications skills appropriate to a wide range of contacts.
- Experience in using all types of office equipment i.e. printer, fax machine, speed scanner, and computer.
- Experience in accurately transcribing recordings of meetings into succinct minutes.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Knowledge of the DocuSign contract software preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle confidential matters with discretion and tact.
- Experience or ability to produce professional agency information documents using desktop publishing software.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to proofread carefully and to organize work and prioritize tasks with minimal direction.
- Must be able to establish and maintain courteous, respectful, and effective working relationships with people and staff at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to provide guidance and support as needed internally and externally with vendors.
- Develop a knowledge of the Agency's organization, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to project a professional and positive image.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain calm composure in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Why work at BRBH?
- Supporting Staff: This role supports the operations of the Executive Office, which is critical for the work we do. In serving our clients, each day BRBH makes a difference in our community for individuals that have mental illness, intellectual disabilities, and substance use disorders.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits.htm
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, intellectual disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 350 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over forty years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.