Evening Shift Coordinator (LPC or LCSW)Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
The Evening Shift Coordinator is a licensed (LPC or LCSW) staff member who provides admissions support by taking referrals, screening individuals for admission to the Crisis Stabilization Unit, scheduling admissions, and meeting face to face with the individual upon arrival to complete necessary admissions assessments. This position will also provide some group and individual counseling. The Coordinator also provides guidance and support to evening staff including nurses, residential assistants, recovery/peer specialists and therapists/clinicians.
The schedule is:
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 3 PM - 11:30 PM; Wednesdays: 2 PM - 10:30 PM
The Crisis Stabilization and Detox Unit (CSU) provides short-term (3 to 15 day) in-patient stabilization for individuals who have symptoms of mental illness that could, if not addressed, result in a need for hospitalization. This service also offers medically supervised detoxification from alcohol and other drugs. Those needing both detoxification and support for symptoms of mental illness are served. Services are provided in a recovery-oriented environment, and include skills training, psychiatric care, 12-step recovery groups on-site, and discharge planning to assure continuity of care in transitioning to outpatient services.
1. LPC or LCSW License: This position requires an active, unrestricted license as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
2. Experience: Minimum of two years experience working with adults with mental health, substance use disorders, or co-occurring disorders and developmental disabilities.
3. Skills: Skills in collaboration and communication in support of a well functioning multi-disciplinary team, the ability to de-escalate challenging client behaviors. Leadership, supervision, mentoring and coaching skills.
4. Good Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- Supporting Staff: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/brbh%20benefits%20information.pdf
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.