Enhanced Case Manager Developmental Disabilities
$500 Sign on Bonus Available!
Enhanced Case Managers in our Developmental Disabilities (DD) Care Coordination program provide service coordination to children, adolescents and young adults with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities (DD/ID) and their families who need more intense and frequent services.
What does an Enhanced Case Manager do?
Enhanced Case Managers are essential for ensuring individuals and families receive the services they require to address their identified needs. Enhanced Case Managers have smaller caseloads and support individuals with exceptional behavioral and medical support needs. Enhanced Case Managers have more contact with each individual/family as they provide services, including assessment, identifying needs and developing a person-centered plan to meet those needs, linking clients to community resources, and making referrals for resources.
A typical week usually consists of (but not limited to) phone calls, office and school meetings, home and school visits, participating in doctor appointments and collaborating with other community agencies. BRBH staff document collaboratively with clients to increase the amount of time spent with children and their families. Case Managers' schedules are self-driven and subject to change at times; being organized and having the ability to adapt to changing situations are keys to success. So, if you love working with children/young adults and families, being out in the community, and seeing change, CYFS DD Care Coordination is for you!
Entry Level Pay: $20.4015/hour. Additional compensation commensurate with experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a human services field required. Required to receive continuing education annually in the amount specified by regulatory oversight bodies.
- Experience: Minimum of one year of experience is a plus!
- Driving Record: This position requires the ability to drive agency vehicles and transport clients. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record, defined as no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years.
- Background Check: Candidates who are offer a position must undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Day schedule: Our programs are open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our employment page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.