Emergency Services Clinician (Wed-Sat 4pm-2am)
$4000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work? Are you interested in providing pre-screening assessments and crisis counseling?
Weekday overnight: The schedule for the position is full time but 4 days a week (10 hour shifts) - Wednesday - Saturday from 4:00pm-2:00am. We offer competitive pay and 11% shift differential!
Therapists in our Emergency Services program provide crisis intervention, crisis counseling, assessment, and psychiatric hospital preadmission screening for individuals located within the BRBH catchment area. Most assessments are conducted within local hospitals and jails either through telehealth or in-person. Information such as psychiatric history, medication compliance, capacity to take care of basic needs, and possible substance abuse is gathered during each assessment. Therapists will evaluate clients for mental health issues and substance use disorders by also interacting with police, magistrates, doctors and family members to calculate the best possible outcomes and treatments for clients. Clients can include adults or children and they may need crisis counseling, inpatient hospitalization or resources for care.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, work well within a team setting, and is open to dealing with individuals when they are in crisis. To be successful in this role you must have good communication and time management skills and be detailed oriented.
- Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. DBHDS Prescreening Certification preferred. LPC or LCSW preferred.
- Experience: Experience working with adults with mental health, substance use disorders, or co-occurring disorders and developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge: Must demonstrate on the application through education, training and/or experience considerable knowledge and skills in the therapeutic principles of human behavior, SMI, crisis intervention, client assessment and evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, record documentation, individual psychotherapy, coordination of services, and community resources.
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Free licensure supervision towards LPC or LCSW - no work time requirement!
- Sign On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $4000 sign on bonus - $1000 is paid at start, $1000 paid at three months of employment, $1000 paid at six months of employment, and $1000 paid at nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Working with clients: In this job each day you assess and guide individuals in obtaining services that fit their needs.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day!
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.