Developmental Disability Waiver Specialist
$500 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you enjoy working with families? Do you like a lot of diversity in your work? Do you enjoy interpreting and implementing regulations? Then this position may be for you!
The Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver Specialist is the internal resource for the complicated process of Medicaid Waiver services. They are responsible for managing waiting lists, slot allocations, distribution and review of documentation, quality management, service authorizations, records audit and community relations. They complete and monitor Environmental Modifications/Assistive Technology requests and required annual assessments. Additionally, the Waiver Specialist provides case management services to a limited number of individuals to link, monitor and advocate for needed medical, psychiatric, social, educational, vocational, residential, and other supports essential for living in the community and in developing his or her desired lifestyle. They also provide staff training and consultation regarding the regulations.
The schedule for this position is: M-F (typically 8:30am-5pm, with flexible hours to meet needs of individuals/families)
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in a human services field such as psychology, social work, or special education..
2. Experience: At least one year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities required.
3. Background Check: Candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
4. Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- *Sign-on Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $500 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start and $250 paid at six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign-on Bonus
- Provide Hope: In this job each day you assist families in navigating through complicated regulations to access much-needed resources.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Day schedule: The schedule is Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. Our positions are located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ BSW
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.