Crisis Therapist (Master's Level)Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
BRBH is seeking a Master's Level Crisis Therapist!
The Crisis Therapist provides direct crisis intervention services to clients and their families to prevent potential psychiatric hospitalization. They defuse volatile situations and de-escalate clients. Counseling and skills training are provided in the community and at BRBH sites. They also provide pre-admission screening if needed.
The position requires on-call capabilities and need for a varied and flexible schedule, and is likely to include evenings and weekends.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
Education: This position requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred. If not licensed, employees are required to pursue licensure.
Knowledge of human growth and behavior, principles of psychotherapy and crisis intervention, concepts of psychological and psychiatric diagnoses, clinical and professional terminology, concepts of community mental health service delivery and inpatient services and the impact of federal, state and local laws on these systems and clients.
Skills in crisis intervention, client assessment, diagnosis, evaluation, case management, recordkeeping, individual psychotherapy, written and oral communication, time and stress management and interpersonal relations. Also requires general office skills to include computer operation and keyboarding skills.
Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- Make a difference: In this job each day you help people and families gain skills to prevent hospitalization.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.