$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work?
Would you like to be on front lines of new treatment modalities for substance use disorders? Would you like to use your clinical skills to develop creative, impactful group therapy programs to treat individuals experiencing a mental health crisis?
If so, our evening therapist position at our Crisis Stabilization and Detox Unit may be the perfect fit! Therapists in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide therapy to adults with serious mental illness, substance use disorders, individuals requiring a medical detoxification, or co-occurring diagnoses of mental illness and substance disorders and/or intellectual disabilities. Therapist's also complete assessments, admissions support, provide treatment planning, discharge planning, referrals, documenting client services, crisis interventions, and interacting with other professionals in the client's interest.
We provide medication assisted treatment, and our therapists are instrumental in this successful treatment for those suffering with substance use. Evening hours allow for you to facilitate innovative programming that complements the more structured daytime scheduling for those in treatment for both substance use and mental health disorders. We have an awesome staff and very supportive management. This is a program where you can make a huge difference in someone's life and assist them toward healthy functioning and positive relationships!
Shifts needed for this position vary. The shift with the greatest coverage needed is Sunday through Wednesday. Schedule can be flexible to include 10 hour shifts.
The Crisis Stabilization and Detox Unit (CSU) provides short-term (3 to 15 day) in-patient stabilization for individuals who have symptoms of mental illness that could, if not addressed, result in a need for hospitalization. This service also offers medically supervised detoxification from alcohol and other drugs. Those needing both detoxification and support for symptoms of mental illness are served. Services are provided in a recovery-oriented environment, and include skills training, psychiatric care, 12-step recovery groups on-site, and discharge planning to assure continuity of care in transitioning to outpatient services.
Licensed Eligible Pay: $21.908654/hour. Additional compensation commensurate with experience. Licensed Pay: $29.22318/hour.
- Education: This position requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Licensure/Certifications: Required to pursue licensure as Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years) and have or be eligible to obtain a VA Driver's license.
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hire and Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign-on bonus: $500 paid at start and $500 paid after six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus.
- Free Licensure Supervision to work towards your LPC or LCSW
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH:http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social Work