Crisis Preadmission Therapist
$1000 Sign-on Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work? Are you interested in providing pre-screening assessments and crisis counseling?
Therapists in our Emergency Services program conduct pre-screenings and assessments for clients in local hospitals and jails. They also support a hotline for individual callers that may be struggling with mental health issues.
The schedule for the position alternates every 3 weeks - 2pm-10pm and 4pm-12am Monday-Friday & Friday-Tuesday. We offer competitive pay and 11% shift differential - plus $1000 sign on bonus!
Minimum Qualifications:1. Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. DBHDS Prescreening Certification preferred. LPC or LCSW preferred.
2. Experience: Experience working with adults with mental health, substance use disorders, or co-occurring disorders and developmental disabilities.
3. Knowledge: Must demonstrate on the application through education, training and/or experience considerable knowledge and skills in the therapeutic principles of human behavior, SMI, crisis intervention, client assessment and evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, record documentation, individual psychotherapy, coordination of services, and community resources.
4. Good Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
5. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Free licensure supervision towards LPC or LCSW - no work time requirement!
- Sign On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start, $250 paid at three months of employment, $250 paid at six months of employment, and $250 paid at nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Working with clients: In this job each day you assess and guide individuals in obtaining services that fit their needs.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day!
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits.htm
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social Work/ Pre-Screen/ Prescreen
follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which
require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or