Coordinator Health Information Management
BRBH is seeking a Health Information Management Coordinator to assure that medical records are maintained and are in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
This job also has to secure record security and confidentiality, is responsible for providing consultation and training regarding medical records standard, HIPAA law and 42 CFR Part 2, and conduct investigations into potential HIPAA and/or 42 CFR Part 2 violations. This position also assists in internal Human Rights and Fraud Investigations as requested and supervises a team of Medical Record Technicians.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree a plus!
2. Experience: Minimum four (4) years' experience in working with medical records (to include paper and EHR), with two (2) years of supervisory experience, and two (2) years training experience.
3. Driver's License: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- Compliance Minded: As an agency, BRBH is compliance-minded - we seek out employees who want to do things the right way.
- Making a difference: This position supports agency staff as well as clients, and corresponds with outside collateral which is critical for the work that we do. In serving our clients, each day BRBH makes a difference in our community.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSW