Community Based Therapist
$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work? Do you enjoy working as part of an interdisciplinary team? ACT Team Therapists work directly with adults with severe and persistent mental illness who are at high risk for repeated hospitalization, incarceration, and/or homelessness.
ACT Team Therapists provide Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is a team-based treatment model that provides multidisciplinary, flexible treatment and support to people with mental illness 24/7. ACT is based around the idea that people receive better care when their mental health care providers work together. ACT team members help the person address every aspect of their life, whether it be medication, therapy, social support, employment or housing. Successful candidates will have the ability and preference for a work setting that requires multi-tasking and changing priorities.
Studies have shown that ACT is more effective than traditional treatment for people experiencing mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder and can reduce hospitalizations by 20%.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, works well within a team setting, and is open to learning. To be successful in this role you must have good communication and time management skills and be detailed oriented.
This position is full time. The regular schedule is Mon - Fri; days, with rotating evenings (no later than 8:30) and weekends (1 Weekend day every 5-6 weeks).
Must enjoy working with a team! This position requires frequent local travel, as 75% of services are provided in the community.
- Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for registration as a Resident in Counseling or Supervisee in Social Work in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Required to pursue licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Virginia.
- Safe Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $500 is paid at start and $500 is paid in the paycheck after six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Free licensure supervision towards LPC and LCSW!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you work one-on-one with clients and make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.