Clinician, Crisis Stabilization
Clinicians in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide direct service that help clients manage and begin recovery from substance use and/or mental illness. Clinicians also facilitate groups and provide individual therapy to address client needs regarding managing recovery and living in the community.
The Crisis Stabilization and Detoxification Unit (CSU) provide short-term (3 to 15 day) for individuals who experiencing a crisis that could, if not addressed, result in a need for hospitalization. This service also offers medically supervised detoxification from alcohol and other drugs. Those needing detoxification, short-term substance use treatment and support for symptoms of mental illness are served. Services are provided in a recovery-oriented environment, and include skills training, psychiatric care, 12-step recovery groups on-site, and discharge planning to assure continuity of care in transitioning to outpatient services.
The schedule for this position is 12:30p-9:00p. It is Monday - Friday, with a Saturday shift every fifth week.
Entry Level Pay: $19.81/hour. Additional compensation commensurate with experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in an acceptable human service field required.
- Experience: One (1) year of clinical experience working with population served preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: QMHP-A or QMHP-E is required and CSAC preferred at time of hired. If not CSAC at time of hire, must complete requirements for the credential within two (2) years of hire.
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- More time working with individuals: In this job you spend the majority of your day working directly with clients.
- Great co-workers: Staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our employment page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.