Clinical Director, Forensic Services
The Director is responsible for clinical and administrative leadership of the Forensic Services Team that works with individuals with Substance Use Disorders. Clients served are both residential (located in local jails) and outpatient (individuals released from jail). The program also serves individuals in the Therapeutic Docket team, Drug Court, and clients that are found to be Not Guilty for Reason of Insanity (NGRI).
This is a wonderful opportunity to advance an established program that makes an immediate and visible impact in people's lives! The Director collaborates and maintains positive relationships with the legal system, the local Therapeutic docket, detention facilities, and diversionary court programs in our catchment area. The Director oversees grant funding and an interdisciplinary team of staff that includes Case Managers, Certified Substance Abuse Counselors, Discharge Planners, Peer Specialists, and Therapists.
1. License: Active, unrestricted license in Virginia as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or Licensed Psychologist
2. Clinical Supervisory Experience: Minimum of 3 years of management experience in substance abuse or mental health field.
3. Safe Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal violations in the last five years).
4. Background Checks: Candidates must be able to pass background checks including those required by the local jails.
Why work at BRBH?
- Providing Opportunities for Recovery: Lead a skilled team providing services including counseling, discharge planning, case management, and peer support. We all come together to provide individuals who have been incarcerated the skills they can use to succeed.
- Reduce Recidivism: In this job you work with partner agencies, using a proven method to reduce additional incarcerations in our community.
- Supporting Great Staff: Our Case Managers work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere. In this job each day you help staff develop skills and make a difference in the lives of people in our community.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.