Clinical Director, DD Support Coordination
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare is seeking a Director of Adult Developmental Disabilities Support Coordination program!
The Director is responsible for the daily operations and provision of best practices in case management for adults diagnosed with a developmental disability/intellectual disabilities. The Director provides administrative, clinical, and personnel supervision to a team of supervisors and case managers.
The Director serves as an agency leader by demonstrating and modeling professional judgment, program planning, overseeing program budget, staffing clinical service delivery, and collaborating across internal programs and with external partners in order to provide quality services to our clients. The director ensures compliance with BRBH guidelines and regulatory oversight bodies including the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS) and Medicaid.
The Support Coordination program provides the coordination of resources and supports designed to facilitate independence and stability for adults diagnosed with a developmental disability. Services include person-centered activities designed to assist individuals in accessing needed medical, psychiatric, social, educational, vocational, residential, and other supports essential for living life to the fullest, in accordance with one's own values and preferences, in an integrated community setting.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM - No weekends or on call!
1. Education/Certifications: Bachelor's degree
2. Experience: Minimum of 2 years of waiver experience providing services to individuals diagnosed with a developmental disability/intellectual disabilities. Supervisory experience is a plus!
3. Driving Record: Candidates must be able to drive agency vehicles with a good driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of:
- DD Waiver and ID Waiver Services
- treatment modalities and intervention techniques such as behavior management, skills training, crisis intervention, discharge planning and service coordination
- local community resources and service delivery systems, including support services (e.g. housing, financial, social welfare, dental, educational, transportation, communications, recreation, vocational, legal/advocacy), eligibility criteria and intake processes, discharge criteria and procedures, and generic community resources
- person-centered treatment planning process and major components of a support plan
- tracking and interpreting quantitative information
Why work at BRBH?
· Staff Development: Lead and grow a strong staff of case managers who serve adults with mental illness in our community. Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on the first day of employment.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information.
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment Page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH.
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.