Client Financial Counseling Supervisor
The Client Financial Counseling Supervisor ensures processes are in place to provide expert Financial Counseling services for all clients. They will supervise the financial counseling team to provide excellent customer service and engagement of clients to facilitate and promote appropriate access to healthcare benefits and financial resources such as Medicaid, Affordable Care Act (ACA), Social Security Administration benefits, the agency's Financial Assistance Program, and grant funded financial resources.
The Supervisor will interpret and understand Virginia Medicaid eligibility policies and procedures, the federal Medicaid spenddown requirements to ensure compliance. They will work to problem solve and provide guidance and training to staff.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, days.
What we are looking for: The ideal candidate will be a professional who can motivate others to problem-solve complex issues. They will have strong customer service skills and be able to lead others to work well and remain positive. They will have an understanding, compassion, respect, and/or willingness to learn about individuals and families served, including children, adults, and families experiencing mental illness, substance use disorders, and intellectual/developmental disabilities.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of 3 years of experience directly related to promoting access to Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, Social Security Benefits, and related resources. Medicaid eligibility experience is a plus!
Why work at BRBH?
- Support Access to Care: Our Financial Counseling Team is critical to ensure that clients are able to make it easy for clients to have continued access to treatment.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.