CIT Support Therapist - Part Time
The CIT Support Therapist is responsible for tasks associated with planning and promoting Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Training in the BRBH catchment area for law enforcement partners. This position also promotes and supports the local CIT Assessment Center (CITAC) which provides a recovery oriented atmosphere to individuals in a mental health crisis. CIT funding provided by DBHDS.
Additional duties include:
- Provides direct assessment and counseling services.
- Collaborate and develop positive relationships with stakeholders to include local police and sheriff's departments, hospital management and direct service staff, mental health providers such as pre-screeners, and family members and family advocates.
- Function as a liaison with Lewis Gale Medical Center (or other designated CITAC site) about Assessment Center issues or security staffing.
- Assist in scheduling security coverage for CITAC.
- Assist in coordinating scheduling of CIT trainings for both police recruits, sworn officers, and other community partners.
- Responsible for data collection and regular reporting to DBHDS.
Pay Range: $17.86-29.73/hour (License Eligible Therapist) $19.69-$32.82/hour (Licensed Therapist)
- Education: This position requires a Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Pre-screener Certification preferred.
- Licensure/Certifications: Required to pursue licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- Working with clients: In this job you assess and guide individuals in obtaining services that fit their needs.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSW
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.