$1000 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Do you have a Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work? Are you interested in counseling children and adolescents?
Therapists in our Children's Outpatient Counseling Program provide therapy to clients under the age of 18 to help them reach their treatment goals and objectives. Interventions include collaboration with family members, guardians, and others as appropriate for treatment. Therapists use many interactive therapeutic modalities, including sand tray therapy, play therapy, and art therapy.
The schedule for this position is a minimum of 40 hrs/week within our clinic hours (M-Th 8:30am-7:00pm, F 8:00am-5:00pm) or 4/10 work schedule. The selected candidate will be required to work 2 late nights per week. This position allows for work from home on a hybrid basis.
What we are looking for: The ideal candidate will have some experience working with kids and/or families. Successful candidates must be able to think outside of the box, act as a team player, flexible, and most importantly must have a good sense of humor.
1. Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for eligibility to pursue professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Required to pursue licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Virginia.
3. Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
4. Background Check: Candidates will be required to submit to a drug screen and criminal background check.
Why work at BRBH?
- *Sign-on Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start, $250 paid at three months of employment, $250 paid at six months of employment, and $250 paid at nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Free licensure supervision for LPC or LCSW!
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- See the Difference: Each day you will spend time working directly with children and making a difference for families in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a fun team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Management/ Supervisor/ Counseling/ LPC/ LCSW / License-eligible/ Resident in Counseling/ Supervisee in Social Work
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.