Case Manager, Primary Care Screening
Are you highly organized and passionate about access to primary care services and health education for adults in mental illness, developmental disabilities, and/or substance use disorders?
The Case Manager in our Primary Care Screening program tracks clients that are typically stable and have stepped down from higher levels of care to medication-only services. The Case Manager ensures that eligibility for prescription assistance is maintained to prevent a lapse in access to medication. They also track those who need yearly primary healthcare screenings or metabolic syndrome screening and coordinate care to ensure needs are met. The Case Manager will also assist clients with discharge planning to services within the community once stability has been achieved.
- Education: Bachelor's required
- Experience: Case Management experience is a plus!
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our Case Managers work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Day schedule: Our program is open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.