Case Manager, Housing Based
$500 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Would you like to make a real difference in the lives of people who experience mental illness and homelessness?
BRBH is looking for a Case Manager to coordinate housing services for individuals with serious mental illness in our Permanent Supportive Housing program. At BRBH, we believe that the people we serve are our first priority and our employees are our most valuable resource. Come join our team!
The goal of the Permanent Supportive Housing team is to assist our clients in securing and maintaining stable, affordable rental housing in the community. The program adheres to a Housing First model, an approach that prioritizes providing and funding permanent housing in order to end the cycle of homelessness and allow individuals to pursue personal goals, actively participate in mental health treatment, and improve their quality of life. The Case Manager engages homeless individuals with serious mental illness and assists them to secure housing, navigate the disability application process, and apply for all financial entitlements. The Case Manager helps clients access treatment and rehabilitative services for integrated health and behavioral health care, thereby promoting wellness, reducing the frequency of unnecessary emergency department visits and hospitalizations, and reducing overall health care costs. A successful candidate will be compassionate, proficient in completing clinical documentation, knowledgeable about community resources, have good interpersonal skills, and enjoy functioning as part of a small, highly interactive team.
This position is funded by the on-going Permanent Supportive Housing Funding from the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS).
- Education: High school diploma required. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a human services field preferred.
- Experience: Entry Level; one year clinical experience working in the human services field preferred. Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) or the homeless population preferred.
- Good Driving Record: This position requires being able to transport clients in agency vehicles. Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years, no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hire & Rehires are eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus - $250 is paid at start and $250 is paid in the first paycheck after 6 months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign-on Bonus.
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Learn Skills: This is a great entry-level position that will strengthen your skill set.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.