Case Manager, Discharge Planner (Forensic Grant)
$500 Sign-on Bonus Available!
The Case Manager in our Alpha Jail program provides discharge planning for inmates and newly released individuals diagnosed with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders. This includes helping an individual identify their needs and making a plan to meet those needs. Plans may include assistance with scheduling follow up appointments, linking with community resources, making referrals for housing, educational opportunities, nutrition, family support, counseling, or legal services. Position requires 10% local travel to local jails to provide services in the Roanoke City Jail. This position is full time and grant-funded.
What we are looking for: The successful candidate will have knowledge of counseling and the criminal justice system, be comfortable working independently in a controlled environment, and be a team player.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in a human services field (psychology, social work, special education, etc.).
2. Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
3. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- *Sign-on Bonus: New hires and rehires are eligible for a $500 sign on bonus: $250 paid at start and $350 paid at 6 months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the sign on bonus.
- Reduce recidivism: In this job you spend the majority of your day helping incarcerated individuals plan for a successful release to reduce additional incarcerations.
- Experienced co-workers: Be part of the skilled team providing services including counseling, discharge planning, case management, and peer support. We all come together to provide individuals who have been incarcerated the skills they can use to succeed.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great paid time off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our employment page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ QMHP
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption