Case Manager Developmental Disabilities
$500 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Are you highly organized and passionate about supporting adults with developmental disabilities?
Case Managers in our Developmental Disabilities Care Coordination program assist adults in accessing needed supports essential for living in the community and developing their desired lifestyle. Our program is responsible for coordination of resources and support designed to facilitate independence and stability for adults with developmental disabilities. Case management activities include assessment, planning, linking, and monitoring services; crisis prevention and intervention services; and hospital and state facility admission and discharge planning activities.
A Glimpse of Case Management
Case Managers are essential for ensuring that individuals receive services that help them live the life they want. A typical week usually consists of phone calls, meetings, collaborating with other agencies in the community, home visits, and monitoring satisfaction of services which consists of visits with the individual, family members, and/or providers. Case Managers' schedules are self-driven and subject to change at times; being organized and having the ability to adapt to changing situations are keys to success.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a human services field (psychology, social work, etc).Required to receive continuing education annually in the amount specified by regulatory oversight bodies.
- Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities is a plus!
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $500 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start and $250 paid at six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference in someone's life and in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our Case Managers work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Day schedule: Our program is open Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for moreinformation: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.