Case Manager Developmental Disabilities
$500 Sign-on Bonus Available!
Are you highly organized and passionate about supporting families of children with intellectual / developmental disabilities?
Our Case Managers/Support Coordinators provide services to children, adolescents and young adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families. These services are designed to assist the child and their family in accessing needed supports essential for living in the community and meeting basic needs, which includes medical, psychiatric, social, educational, vocational, and residential needs. The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday, days with some early evenings to accommodate family needs. Once training is completed, a remote work schedule is available.
A Glimpse of Case Management
Case Managers/Support Coordinators are essential for ensuring that families receive person-centered services that help them live the life they want. A typical week usually consists of phone calls, meetings, collaborating with other agencies in the community, and monitoring progress which consists of home visits, attendance at school meetings, courts, and FAPTs. Case Managers'/Support Coordinators'' schedules are self-driven and subject to change at times; being organized and having the ability to adapt to changing situations are keys to success.
Entry Level Pay: $20.80/hour. Additional compensation commensurate with experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a human services field (psychology, social work, special education, human development, etc.) Required to receive continuing education annually in the amount specified by regulatory oversight bodies.
- Experience: This position is entry-level. Clinical experience with children/adolescents is a plus.
- Safe Driving Record: This position may occasionally require transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Sign-on Bonus: New Hires and Rehires are eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus: $250 paid at start and $250 paid at six months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus.
- Experience Gained: BRBH provides so many services that there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow throughout your career!
- Working with clients: In this job each day you make a difference for families in our community.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our employment page to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.