The Clinician/Care Coordinator in our Crisis Stabilization Unit provide care coordination to assist individuals diagnosed with serious mental illness and/or substance use disorders in gaining access to, and transferring care between, medical, psychiatric, social, educational, vocational, residential, and other supports essential for living in the community and meeting basic needs, and will assist in discharge planning from the residential Crisis Stabilization Unit. Additional duties include:
- Provide direct service that helps clients manage and recover from their substance addiction and/or mental illness.
- Facilitate groups within the clinician's scope of practice to address education, relapse prevention, and skills needs so clients can better manage their substance dependence and/or mental health issues and living in the community.
Pay Range: $15.43/hour-$25.72/hour
- Education: Bachelor's degree in an acceptable human service field required.
- Experience: One (1) year of clinical experience working with adults with serious mental illness, substance disorders, individuals requiring a medical detoxification, or possibly co-occurring diagnoses of mental illness and substance disorders and/or developmental disabilities preferred.
- Licensure/Certifications: QMHP-A or QMHP-E or CSAC
- Safe Driving Record: Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- More time working with individuals: In this job you will spend the majority of your day working directly with clients.
- Team atmosphere: Our small team work hard to change lives.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.