Billing SpecialistBlue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare
The Billing Specialist processes agency billing including State Plan Option (SPO), waiver, and clinic services to Medicaid, Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), and other 3rd party pay sources. The candidate is responsible for efficient billing processes for timely reimbursement turnaround, reduced billing errors, and improving claim acceptance rates.
Two years of healthcare reimbursement experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) billing codes, outpatient and institutional claims, and compliance issues related to billing practices
2. Knowledge of Medicaid's behavioral health services and billing practices
3. Ability to read and interpret Medicaid regulations as they relate to billing
Why work at BRBH?
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- Day Shift schedule, Monday - Friday.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our Employment page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.