Do you enjoy taking initiative, problem solving, or have a desire to learn and grow? Do you have a background in medical billing?
The Billing/Self Pay Specialist is responsible to bill weekly to 3rd party commercial carriers, follow up on any denial received, and work aged accounts receivable.
Additional Duties Include:
- Managing the self-pay billing, client statements, and accounts receivables, improving self-pay collection results, and transferring to another pay source for possible billing, grant funding, and utilizing debt forgiveness in accordance with agency guidelines.
- Run the end of month "Monthly Ability to Pay Scale (MAP)" utility in the Billing System to lock down assisted accounts.
- Electronically batch all self-pay client statements, edit and complete the upload to vendor for processing.
- Provide primary back-up and support to the Service Authorization and Contract Billing functions.
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm and a work from home option is available after an initial training period!
1. Education: Associate's degree, vocational technical degree or specialized training that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of two (2) years of college in a related field or related work experience in behavioral healthcare.
2. Experience: Minimum two (2) years' experience in healthcare reimbursement field.
3. Background Check: Candidates who are offered a position are required to undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Team atmosphere: Our small team work hard to change lives.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day. This position is eligible for work from home after initial training period.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services
follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which
require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or