We are seeking an ACT Manager to lead our Assertive Community Treatment Team. We encourage you to apply if you have a master's degree in social work or counseling, a passion for helping adults with severe and persistent mental illness to live successfully in the community, and the skill and motivation to lead a multidisciplinary team!
The Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team provides home and community-based services to adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness who are at high risk for repeated hospitalization, incarceration, and homelessness. ACT is an evidence-based model that has been used for over 40 years to help individuals to live stable successful lives.
The ACT manager leads a 14 member team comprised of therapists, nurses, case managers, peer support specialists, a psychiatric nurse practitioner, and an administrative assistant. Caseload ratios are 1:9 (one staff to nine clients). The manager leads daily meetings during which the team shares updates, coordinates care for clients, and makes plans to address goals, symptoms, risk factors, and scheduling needs for clients.
The team provides services including:
- peer supports
- psychiatric assessment
- medication management
- individual and group therapy
- case management
- risk assessment and crisis management
- skill-building activities
Assertive Community Treatment is characterized by a team approach, providing services in settings and situations in which problems arise, shared caseloads and low staff to client ratio, time unlimited services, flexible service delivery and 24/7 crisis availability.
The manager is responsible for ensuring program compliance with the Office of Licensing and Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) regulations, BRBH policies and procedures, and best practice standards in the field.
Candidate must enjoy leading a team, navigating a fast-paced environment, be comfortable performing crisis intervention, and appreciate working with a wide variety of people!
- Education: Master's degree in a human services field that fulfills the criteria for registration as a Resident in Counseling or Supervisee in Social Work in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of three years of experience providing clinical services to adults diagnosed with serious mental illness. Management experience preferred.
- Driving Record: Safe driving record required (no more than two moving violations in the last three years and no criminal violations in the last five years).
- Background Check: Selected candidates must undergo a background check and drug screen.
Why work at BRBH?
- Be a part of the change: This position exists to ensure that ACT services are comprehensive and effective in helping individuals with a high level of need to remain safe and stable in the community. ACT is an evidenced-based model that has helped individuals achieve success in reducing hospitalization, homeless, and incarceration for over 40 years.
- Team collaboration: Join a skilled team providing services including counseling, case management, medication management, and peer support. The whole team comes together to help individuals with severe and persistent mental illness to achieve stability and fulfill their potential.
- Free licensure supervision towards LPC and LCSW!
- Work/Life Balance: we have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information:http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. We are charged also with continuously monitoring and evaluating our services to ensure their cost effectiveness and applicability to current citizen needs. BRBH operates multiple programs throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide or support our services. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare maintains a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employment. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.
Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Counseling/ MSW/ BSW
BRBH follows CMS (Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services) guidelines, which require, if hired, proof of COVID-19 vaccination, or an approved medical or religious exemption.