$1000 Sign-on Bonus
BRBH is seeking two experienced Master's Level Therapist for our Access Center!
The Access Center Therapists provides screenings, intake assessments, and occasional hospital prescreening when needed for adults, adolescents, and children seeking services with BRBH. All therapists are crossed trained to assess for any age and any type of presenting issue, including mental health and substance use. The Access Center Therapist also participates in collaboration with referral sources and community agencies.
A Day in the Life of an Access Center Therapist
BRBH has Same Day Access for entry into most agency services. Each day, clients walk-in or are referred to BRBH to be assessed for services. A Therapist from the Access Center team collects presenting problem information, gathers appropriate social history, and performs clinical triage to determine what level of services are needed. The Therapist documents the information in the electronic health record. The Therapists also may travel off site locally to perform an assessment interview. All Access Therapists complete requirements to be Certified Prescreeners, thus enabling them to assess for need for psychiatric hospitalization if the individual presents as in crisis during the intake assessment. Our team of Access Therapists work closely together, providing support, consultation, and great comradery!
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday; day shift.
- Education: This position requires a Master's degree in a human services field (MSW or MS in Counseling) that fulfills the criteria for eligibility for professional licensure as a professional counselor or clinical social worker in the Commonwealth of Virginia. LPC or LCSW preferred. If not licensed, employees are required to pursue licensure.
- Experience: A minimum of one year of experience working with individuals with mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorders and developmental disabilities. Considerable knowledge of human growth and behavior, principles of psychotherapy and crisis intervention, concepts of psychological and psychiatric diagnoses, clinical and professional terminology, concepts of community mental health service delivery and inpatient services and the impact of federal, state and local laws on these systems and clients. Good skills in crisis intervention, client assessment, diagnosis, evaluation, case management, recordkeeping, individual psychotherapy, written and oral communication, time and stress management and interpersonal relations. Also requires general office skills to include computer operation and keyboarding skills.
- Safe Driving Record: This position requires transporting clients or driving an agency vehicle. Candidates must have a valid Virginia driver's license with a safe driving record (no more than two moving violations in the last three years AND no criminal violations in the last five years).
Why work at BRBH?
- *Sign On Bonus: New Hires & Rehires are eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus - $250 is paid at start, $250 paid at three months of employment, $250 paid at six months of employment, and $250 paid at nine months of employment. Current employees are not eligible for the Sign On Bonus.
- Working with clients: In this job each day you assess and guide individuals in obtaining services that fit their needs.
- Great co-workers: Our staff work hard and support each other in a team atmosphere.
- Day schedule: The schedule is Monday - Friday, day shift.
- Work/Life Balance: We have a great Paid Time Off policy - 29 days annually, which starts accruing on your first day.
- We offer great benefits, including VRS (Virginia Retirement System)! Click here for more information: http://www.brbh.org/benefits/
- Want to know more? Check out our page on Glassdoor to see employee reviews and more information about BRBH: http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Blue-Ridge-Behavioral-Healthcare-EI_IE464369.11,43.htm
Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare (BRBH) is one of forty Community Services Boards established under the Code of Virginia to provide comprehensive services for individuals who have mental health disorders, developmental disability, or substance use disorders. BRBH provides multiple programs and services throughout the Roanoke Valley with over 400 employees working to provide quality care to our clients. We are proud to have served our community for over 50 years. BRBH maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. This position is located in Roanoke, VA.Categories: Human Services/ Social Work/ Sociology/ Psychology/ Non-Profit/ Healthcare/ Social Services/ Mental Health/ Addiction/ Substance Disorders/ Substance Abuse