Administrator Job Description
The Bath County Service Authority (BCSA) is seeking to hire an Administrator to oversee operations and affairs of the Authority (10 employees) and to report to a five member Board of Directors.
BCSA is a water and wastewater utility service provider that encompasses significant portions of the County, serving approximately 800 water customers and 1,300 wastewater customers. BCSA water sources include a spring, 6 wells, and bulk water purchases from adjacent water providers. The BCSA water system includes approximately 60 miles of waterline, 6 booster pump stations, and 10 water storage tanks. The wastewater facilities consist of three treatment plants, 11 sewage pump stations, and over 55 miles of sewer line.
- Direct, supervise, and administer all day-to-day Authority activities.
- Develop and administer BCSA administrative and personnel policies.
- Prepare agenda for monthly Board of Directors meetings, and attend and participate in meetings. Prepare meeting minutes.
- Prepare annual BCSA budget for Board of Director approval and monitor budget.
- Prepare monthly financial reports.
- Develop Capital Improvement Plans.
- Oversee compliance and regulatory submittals and resulting issues.
- Coordinate with Local, State, and Federal agencies regarding BCSA activities.
- Handle contractual matters with engineering consultants, contractors, legal firms, accounting firms, and maintenance/supply companies.
- Oversee and administer BCSA capital improvement projects and maintenance/repair projects.
- Serve as BCSA spokesperson regarding customer inquiries and complaints, and County Board of Supervisors/County Administrator requests.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years+ experience in water/wastewater utility preferred.
- Possess Class III (or higher) certification in both water and wastewater.
- Strong organizational and management skills required.
- Compensation is negotiable and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- 13 Paid Holidays