Universal Banker / Head Teller
Bank of Botetourt is searching for a Universal Banker / Head Teller for our Eagle Rock Office. This office has unique operating hours therefore this position will be part-time and work Monday through Thursday, 8:30 - 2:00 and Friday 8:30 - 6:00. Prior banking experience of 3 to 5 years is preferred. This position will perform a variety of banking duties such as processing teller transactions, demonstrating superior customer service and promoting bank products and services. In addition, this position will be responsible for overseeing teller activities and maintaining records for vault and teller station cash balances. Candidates will be responsible for the sales and delivery of retail banking products and services, including opening new accounts and taking consumer loan applications and will interact with both consumer and business market customers with a goal of expanding and fostering banking relationships with existing and future customers and contributing to branch goals.
TAKING CARE OF YOU
At Bank of Botetourt "Taking Care of You" is more than a slogan, it's our promise to the community. For over 100 years, Bank of Botetourt has been committed to reaching out within our local communities to do all we can to further the area's overall economic development. As a community partner, we make charitable contributions for education, culture and the arts, social service agencies, charitable activities, community and economic development, and other programs that impact the needs of our communities. By bridging the needs of our local communities with the resources of Bank of Botetourt, we help to improve the quality of life for residents in our service areas. We realize that we can only be as successful as the communities we serve!
This position will be responsible for providing our customers the best possible customer service experience while processing transactions, servicing existing and potential customers, and contributing to branch sales goals.
- Greet customers and receives and handles deposits of all types, ensuring the proper endorsement on negotiable instruments within these deposits.
- Receives payment on all loans, ensuring that payments equal the amount due and that all late charges, if applicable, are collected.
- Issues certified checks, VISA travel and gift cards, cashier checks and direct customers on how to purchase US Savings Bonds.
- Process bank-by-mail and night depository items and recording proper information on bank forms.
- Close accounts or transfer funds, as requested.
- Collect utility payments and disburses funds to the proper company.
- Completes “IRS Currency Transaction Report 4789” for all cash transactions over $10,000.
- Count, prove and package currency and coin.
- Balance cash drawer and prepare teller sheets.
- Cash checks, pay withdrawals from savings accounts, redeem savings bonds and coupons.
- Continuously demonstrates a helpful, friendly attitude and is committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Know the Bank’s products and services thoroughly.
- Look for opportunities to sell Bank services.
- Sells and/or refers Bank’s products and services to customers and prospects. Also participates with manager in the allocation of retail sales goals and the achievement of individual sales goals.
- Maintains the proper amounts of currency and coin in till.
- Understands their role in case of robbery, whether victim or bystander, and knows proper post-robbery procedures.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area and ensures that all negotiable items and confidential records are properly secured.
- Uses computer system to make inquiries as to account status.
- Operate standard office machines, including coin sorter, coin wrapper, currency counter, teller machine, copier, typewriter, fax machine and adding machine.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Balance ATMs.
- Assist in receiving and processing deposits for Bank of Botetourt Elementary Savings Program.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Represent the bank in a professional manner.
- Represent Bank of Botetourt in community affairs and events.
- Treat all staff members with the utmost respect and cooperation.
- Conduct business to maximize shareholder value.
- Promptly report known or suspected violations of BSA laws, rules, or regulations involving the bank, its customers, or any other parties, or violations of the bank’s BSA compliance program to the BSA Officer or Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This job description is not all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
BANK OF BOTETOURT promotes an equal employment opportunity work place, which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties