Job Summary: The District Manager is responsible to meet or exceed Service goals in the management of a district of routes. Reports to the Service Manager.
- Develop and motivate a district to be a highly productive team through continual training, regular meetings, daily check-in, fostering a positive work environment, route rides, and building strong relationships with each RSR.
- Ensure customer loyalty and outstanding customer service through customer visits, audits, new installs, problem solving, open communication and negotiating with customers.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed in their district, including safety and Service SOP.
- Manage retention and growth by motivating their district to solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix. Monitor and report competitive activity. Oversee promotions, contests and continued excellent customer relationships.
- Leading their district to success, communicate changes and policies, oversee route organization, project a professional image and require of their district likewise, and cooperatively work with other departments in the branch.
- Complete general route responsibilities when necessary. Safely operate a delivery vehicle, following all applicable laws and company policy.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Work with and support other service personnel as required by supervision.
- Have and maintain a valid Driver's License, keep a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, safety or other violations.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English, comprehend and follow direction and good time management skills and team player.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
- Frequently within the branch area.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Operating vehicles on public roads, working in and out of customer locations, loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements - sitting, grasping, driving, stooping, moving equipment, kneeling, reaching overhead, lifting up to 75 lbs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, hearing.